Do you love all the fun of Christmas but don’t enjoy all the cooking time involved? Well then, this recipe is for you! Not only is it super easy, but it is a great way to repurpose gingerbread into a tasty holiday treat!
The spicy warmth from the gingerbread biscuits pairs so well with the smooth cream cheese and white chocolate, and makes for a seriously easy and extra tasty dessert or edible gift!
Makes 20 truffles
Nutrition Info (Per truffle): 109kcal, 1.6g protein, 5.8g fat, 12.5g carbs
250 g gingerbread/ginger nut biscuits (plus additional for decoration)
150 g soft full-fat cream cheese
100 g white chocolate
Optional: extra gingerbread crumb or almond meal to roll balls in + toppings such as nuts, dried fruit, sprinkles, petals etc.
1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor, until it forms crumb (a few chunks are good!). Add to a large mixing bowl
2. Softened the cream cheese in a microwave for 30 seconds, then add to the mixing bowl, and use a spatula to mix together to form a smooth dough.
4. Scoop the dough and roll into 20 even-sized balls, and allow to chill in the fridge for 30 minutes
5. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave in 30-second bursts (avoid overheating), stirring between each.
6. The next part is up to you! you can dip the truffles or pipe them with the white chocolate, and quickly sprinkle over any additional toppings before the chocolate sets, then place the tray into the fridge to set completely – they keep for up to a week refrigerated!