Who doesn’t love a good crumble! This recipe was made to be a nutritionally-balanced, meal-prep-friendly option for your next breakfast, snack or dessert. It takes no time to cook, it’s super easy to prepare and you can use up nearly any type of fruit along with some wholesome pantry staples like rolled oats, nuts & seeds! Give this one a go, you will be so thankful that you did!
Nutrition Per Serve (with yoghurt): Energy: 2288kJ / 547kcal, 25.6g protein, 28.7g fat, 45g carbs
What you’ll need:
- 1 medium pot
- 1 medium bowl
- Medium ovenproof dish – 20cm x 20cm – OR 5 small ovenproof-glass Tupperware dishes
Cooking time – 45mins
- 700 g of apples/pears
- 170 g frozen berries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 tbsp water
- 150 g rolled oats
- 50 g almond or hazelnut meal
- 6 tbsp of seeds of choice e.g. pumpkin, pepita, chia, flax, hemp
- 3 tbsp chopped nuts e.g. almonds, walnuts, pecans
- 75 ml or 5 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 90 ml of sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 tsp of brown sugar (optional)
- 500g vanilla high protein yoghurt (e.g. Yopro or Chobani)
Preheat the oven at 170℃.
Slice your apples/pears in half, and remove the core. Slice into thin pieces, leaving the skins on. Put them in a medium-sized pot with the frozen berries, cinnamon, vanilla, brown sugar, lemon juice & water.
Bring your fruit mixture to a bubble, stirring evry now & then for 5 minutes, before reducing down to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, and stew the fruit for 10-15minutes, until thickened and the fruit is soft.
Add all crumble ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
Once the fruit compote is ready, add it to your ovenproof dish, then add the crumble layer evenly on top + sprinkle brown sugar overtop (optional)
Place into the preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until the top of the crumble starts to go golden.
- Split between 5 serves, and enjoy with vanilla yoghurt!
RECEIVE A FREE COPY OF OUR BUILDING BALANCED MEALS E-BOOK!
EMPOWERING EVERY BODY
We empower you through optimal health as you
empower others through our donations to charity.